IJN provides extensive range of heart treatments including angiogram and angioplasty procedures via radial artery, implantation of AICDs, minimally invasive surgeries, stent implantations, endoscopic vein harvesting,off-pump surgery ,bypass surgery on 'awake' patients and implantation of mechanical heart assist device which are now already available at IJN.
Institut Jantung Negara (IJN) merupakan hospital pakar untuk pesakit jantung di Malaysia. IJN ditubuhkan pada September 1992, terletak di sebelah kiri Jalan Tun Abdul Razak, Kuala Lumpur. Kos pembinaan sebanyak RM15.5 juta. Ia diuruskan oleh IJN Holdings Sdn Bhd, milik penuh Kementerian Kewangan (99.9 %).
Tujuan IJN ditubuhkan bagi merawat pesakit jantung yang memerlukan pembedahan koronari, kardiologi dan kes pediatrik. Semua pesakit jantung yang serius dari seluruh negara dirujuk ke IJN bagi mendapat rawatan lanjut dan jika perlu, pembedahan koronari akan dilakukan. Antara perkhidmatan yang disediakan ialah diagnostik, terapeutik, pembedahan jantung untuk jantung terbuka, jantung tertutup, toracic, pemindahan dan lain-lain.
Wut services taT provided?
Institut Jantung Negara (IJN, also known as the National Heart Institute) is Malaysia’s premier heart center and the national referral center for cardiovascular disease, treating adult and pediatric patients from all over the country and abroad. Established in 1992, IJN is an integrated, one-stop center for comprehensive cardiologic care and cardiothoracic surgery. Its variety of treatment options range from simple surgery for a "hole in the heart" to transplantation for complex heart failure. Post-treatment, the institute's complete rehabilitation programs incorporate physical and emotional support and dietary counseling.
IJN’s team of physicians has introduced innovations in interventional procedures for diagnosis and treatment as well as surgeries. The array of cardiovascular and thoracic procedures performed at IJN includes electrophysiology, endoscopic vein harvesting, angiogram and angioplasty via radial artery, minimally invasive surgery, off-pump surgery, bypass surgery on “awake” patients, automatic internal cardiac defibrillator implantation, stent implantation, and implantation of a heart-assist device as a bridge to transplantation for heart failure patients.
The institute also offers Executive Screening Programs or Heart Screening Packages with emphasis on the heart and prevention of heart disease. The complete program includes blood tests for hemoglobin, cell counts, cholesterol and related fats, blood sugar, kidney function, electrolytes, and uric acid; urine test; chest x-ray and electrocardiogram; lung function and treadmill stress tests; and more. Doctors discuss the findings with the patient within one day and provide a comprehensive report within two weeks.
There are three (3) types of screening packages available:
- Standard Heart Screening Package
- Executive Heart Screening Package
- Elite Heart Screening Package
IJN is also affiliated with Papworth Hospital, NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, England; Kansai University Medical Center, Osaka, Japan; the Heart and Diabetes Center, Bad Oeynhausen, Germany; Hanoi Heart Center, Vietnam; Liverpool John Moores University, England; and the University of South Australia, Adelaide.
- Cardiology (Adult and Pediatric)
- Cardiothoracic surgery (Adult and Pediatric)
- Heart Screening / Executive Screening Programme
- 64 slice MSCT calcium scoring
- 64 slice MSCT coronary angiogram
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme
- Nuclear Medicine
- Diet Counseling
- Quit Smoking Counseling Clinic
- CPR courses
- Radiology services
- Laboratory services
- Physiotherapy services
- Non-invasive cardiology services
- 24 hours emergency services
Our Invasive Cardiovascular Laboratories (ICL) have one of the latest such as Prucka Dual monitor Cardiolab, a sophisticated computerized electrophysiology and haemodynamic laboratory system using the optical disk storage of digitized information, radiofrequency-ablation lesion generator and blood stimulator for electrophysiology studies.
Cardiology Department has always kept abreast of latest development and advancement in balloon and stent technology that enabled our cardiologists to successfully pursue not only more complex coronary lesions but also peripheral percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) with stenting on carotid, renal, iliac or femoral arteries. IJN performs 81 types of diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures.
The most commonly performed procedures are:
- Cardiac catheterisation
- Coronary angiography
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Peripheral Cardiovascular Intervention (PCI)
- Percutaneous Transveous Mitral Commissurotomy (PTMC)
- Pacemaker Implantations (temporary and permanent)
- Automated Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Persistent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA Occlusion)
- Balloon Dilatation (pulmonary and aortic)
- Coil Embolisation
- Electro Physiological Study (EPS)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- For non-invasive procedures, the most common procedures are:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Echocardiogram (including transthoracic,TTE (2D) and transeosophageal echocardiogram with colour flow and doppler)
- Foetal Echocardiogram
- Stress test
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
- Radio nuclear Perfusion Test
- 24 hour ambulatory ECG monitoring
- Trans-Telephonic monitoring Kings Of Heart Rhythm Card
- Pacemaker check
- Cardiopulmonary Test (CPX) – VO2 Max
We are one of the leading cardiothoracic centres in South East Asia. Our Cardiothoracic Surgery Department offers a wide range of heart surgeries:
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Heart and Lung Transplant Surgeries
- Left ventricular assist Device
- Surgery for heart failure
Over the years, we had acquired extensive experience even with many uncommon and complex congenital heart diseases. We have been consistent in our efforts towards acquiring new skills and techniques. Our achievement in recent years includes:
- Off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery (OPCAB)
- Awake Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Left ventricular reconstructive surgery (also known as Dor procedure)
- Implanted first Thoratec implantable Ventricular Assist Device (IVAD) in Asia & Australasia region
- Endoscopic saphenous vein and radial artery harvesting for coronary artery surgery
- Maze surgery for abnormal heart rhythm
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS)
- Heart transplantation for patients with end-stage heart disease
- Lung Transplantation surgery
- Thorascopic surgery for lone atrial fibrillation
The Department performs over 38 types of open heart surgeries and 45 types of closed heart and thoracic surgeries. Currently, we performed an average of 1,800 open heart surgeries and 700 close heart surgery per year.
Services Provided for International Patients
- Visa arrangement
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport transfer
- City transfer
- Ticketing arrangement
- Interpreter services
- Internet services
- Meet & greet services
- Ushering services
- Money changer services
- Other reasonable assistance as and when required by patients
Ward rooms ranging from single room, deluxe, suites (price of single room ward starts from US$50 to US175) to shared rooms (double bedded to six bedded). Facilities in the ward inclusive of cable TV, variety of menu selection, direct dial telephone, bed for companion and en-suite bathroom.
da LateSt nEws
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 22 July 2009 17:06|